Monday, May 5, 2008

AquaLogic BPM Suite 6.1 & Outlook 2007

Just last week someone asked me for a screen shot demonstrating how BPM information from ALBPM WorkSpace 6.1 can be exposed via RSS inside Microsoft Outlook 2007.

I thought I had already posted this before... However, when I went back to my blogs I noticed that I had talked about the support, but I did not provide an example. Well, no need to wait any longer, check it out below:

ALBPM61_RSS_Outlook07

On the left-panel you can see the Outlook RSS Feeds folder - part of the main navigation tree structure. From there, we have added the BPM RSS feed as a new feed to the list - just a few clicks. Next, as process instances becomes available from the WorkSpace, they will show up in the feed stream. Users can select from the list panel on the right side and see the instance detail in the view panel below.

This is a simple way to integrate ALBPM 6.1 not only with Outlook 2007, but also with MS SharePoint, Atlassian Confluence, and other portal touch point that can consume RSS. In addition, in ALBPM 6.1 we will also provide a plug-in to Office 2007 - see previous post for more info.

Before I forget we are just a week away from Participate 2008, hope to see you there!

Talk to you soon,

--alex

 

 

Technorati tags:  Outlook Office

No comments: